Sometimes, a program in use will suddenly freeze or get corrupted due to malware. The first thing you would do is to close the program by clicking on the red X button on the top right-hand corner of the window. But things don’t always function the way you want it to and this solution doesn’t really solve the problem. This is when the Task Manager comes to the rescue. If you are using Windows 10, and you have encountered with this issue, read on.
How to close a program using Task Manager in Windows 10
Here are the steps to follow using Task Manager when a program on your Windows 10 system stalls or doesn’t close. These are simple and easy to understand.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard simultaneously, which will open the Windows Security Screen
- Click on Task Manager and the Task manager will be launched
- Click on More Details to open a list of currently running tasks
- Select the program you want to close by clicking on it once
- The End Task button on the bottom will be enabled
- Clicking on the End Task button will terminate the selected program
The task is now finished. You can repeat the process to close other programs too. But you cannot select more than one program at once. By clicking on the other tabs on the top of the Task Manager, you can explore other details and information regarding all the currently running programs.