The fourth generation Apple Television was recently released and comes with some new and exciting features. It includes the new redesigned remote, a new App Store and most importantly, Siri integration. All these new inclusions have been incorporated to make your TV viewing experience way better. But it also means that you need some time to get used to.
So here is a guide to help you get started and enjoy your Apple TV viewing experience. Below is the list of some tips and tricks for your new Apple TV:
- Manage Apps: In older Apple televisions, you didn’t have much control over the home screen and apps being laid out on the home screen. But in the new Apple TV, you can move your favorite apps to the top by just using the trackpad.
- Switch between apps: You can switch between apps that have been recently used by double clicking on the remote’s home button. When you double tap on the home button, recently used apps will be pulled up. Swipe the touchpad to select the required app.
- New Screensavers: The new Apple TV has included Aerial screensaver. But if this is not your style, then you can use photos as your screensavers. You can either choose your own personal pictures or photos from Apple’s collection. Just go to Settings –> General –> Screensaver –> Type –> and select photos from either My Photos or Home Sharing.
- Control video playback using Siri: If you want to effortlessly rewind or fast-forward a video, use Siri. On Apple TV’s remote, hold down the Siri button and say “Fast forward by 15 minutes”, or “Play from beginning”, or something similar. Even if you have missed on some dialogues while watching a movie or show, you can press the Siri button and say “What did she/ he say?” Siri will rewind the video by 15 seconds.
- Customize your search: There are different ways by which you can customize search using Siri. For instance, you can ask Siri to find horror movies on Netfilx, movies starring Johnny Depp, and so on. You can also search for specific titles and only specific episodes of TV shows. You can filter your search by saying something like “only action movies”, to get more targeted results.
Few tips and tricks for your new Apple TV were seen. But this is not all. Even when you are watching a movie, if you don’t want to disturb others in your home, you can pair headphones to your Apple TV so that it is only audible to you. Navigate to Settings –> Remotes and Devices –> Bluetooth. This will prompt your Apple television to search for nearby Bluetooth devices. But just make sure that your headphones are in pairing mode before doing this.