Are you not able to open PSD file in Adobe Photoshop Application? Is that PSD file, very important to you? If answer to above questions are “Yes” then don’t worry, this page will guide you to repair and open corrupted PSD file in Photoshop.
There is no doubt that Adobe Photoshop is popularly used to design, enhance and edit photos, but files created using Adobe have some limitations. Yes, like any other files, PSD file can easily be corrupted due to various reasons. It might be a nightmare to you, if the PSD file for which you have put lot of time and efforts gets corrupted. You might come across situation where Photoshop file which was opening last time you accessed it, suddenly refuses to open throwing some error messages like “*.psd file could not be opened”, “Could not complete your request because of a program error.”, and many more.
Have you ever thought of why such error messages occur?
Such error messages occur because your Photoshop file is corrupted. There are many known and unknown reasons for PSD file corrupted in turn refuses to open in Adobe Photoshop application. Let us see some of the common cause which you may encounter frequently:
- Header File Corruption: Header file of PSD is responsible for opening of file, thus if it gets corrupted under some circumstances then it may lead to inaccessibility of PSD file
- Improper Termination: If there is sudden termination of system while working on Photoshop file, then it can cause PSD file corruption. Hence, you are not able to open PSD file in Adobe Photoshop
- Incompatibility: Sometime, if you forcefully try to open old version PSD file in new version Adobe Photoshop application, then there are possibilities that the file may get corrupted.
- External Threat: PSD file can also get corrupted due to harmful viruses or malware. Thus, PSD file cannot be open in Photoshop leading to corruption scenarios.
In addition to above mentioned scenarios, other reasons are improper transferring of PSD file, power failure while working on PSD, round tripping, download error, and many more.
Now what can be done next?
You can easily overcome PSD file corruption situation if you have additional and updated copy of original PSD file. But what in case you don’t have one? Then don’t worry, you can still get your important PSD file back. Most users believe that once PSD file is corrupted then all hard work and time is wasted but this is not true. With the help of some PSD file recovery software you can get accessible PSD file. One such tool is Remo Repair PSD which will fix cannot open PSD file in Photoshop within few simple mouse clicks.
PSD File Repairing Software by Remo:
Remo Repair PSD software is very safe and efficient to repair PSD file which refuses to open in Adobe Photoshop. This software works on read only mode, thus it will extract content from original PSD file without harming it and fix the issue accordingly to form healthy Photoshop file. It easily repairs corrupted Photoshop files with extension .psd and .pdd. This utility can repair Photoshop files created on all latest versions of Adobe Photoshop.
It not only repairs damaged or broken PSD file, but also recovers its layers and Mask files. Apart from this, it also supports fixing of PSD file with different color mode like Gray scale image, Bitmap, RGB color, indexed color, Multichannel color, etc. Moreover, it also supports repairing of RLE compressed and large size PSD/PDD files with ease. It is capable enough to repair PSD image with depth of 1, 8, 16 and 32 bits per channel.
Some other features of Remo Repair PSD:
- GUI: User Interface is very simple and easy to understand, thus user with less technical knowledge can use it without any professional help
- Virus Free: The software is tested using superior antivirus before packing, hence free from all sort of threats
- Demo Version: Free trial version is available to check repairing results before purchasing the product
- Customer Help: In case, you are facing any kind of issues with the product, then contact 24/7 customer help service
Safety Measures to avoid PSD file corruption in future:
- Close all Photoshop files running in background before terminating Adobe Photoshop
- Transfer PSD file without any interruptions
- Regularly update Adobe Photoshop to avoid application malfunctioning
- Make a habit of keeping backup copy of important PSD files
Windows OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
Mac OS: Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, and Leopard
Adobe Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop 5.5, Photoshop 6.0, Photoshop 7, CS, CS1, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS6